I am way happy to say I recieved my second blogger award. Proud moment getting your first, but the second sets the bar because as a blogger it means your writing continues to be an influence. And that’s exactly what I want, for others to read and to be inspired. So thank you to Kipyang at Kipyang: 24-Strong for the nomination. I’m glad you liked my blog, but yours is certainly unique with its take on oriental culture and the inspiration you get from life. Keep writing! I look forward to seeing more.
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. [Optional] Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger that nominated you.
1) Random children approach me and decide that I am a great candidate for playdates. For example, I was at masjid last Ramadan and a little baby just plopped herself in my lap and started chatting with me (I mean spitting out gibberish). Then her sister grabbed my hand and pulled me to walk around- with the baby in my other arm. I walked for a couple of minutes with a stranger’s two children. And no I didn’t get arrested or into any sorts of trouble.
2) I have a Winnie the Pooh bear that I hug when I’m upset.
3) During my sophomore year of college I finally named my instrument. The bow, Scheherazade and the violin, Excalibur. Call me a dork but it works.
4) I collect fairytales and tea leaves.
5) My best friend, her name is Emma. As of this spring our friendship has sustained an amazing ten years.
6) Some of my childhood dreams: perform as an Olympic athlete, to be a world-class singer, win a Nobel Peace Prize, and invent the hoverboard.
7) When I grow up I want to be a tree…because…well they live not only for themselves. lol one can only dream? 😛
1)For a friend whose writing I quite admire, Little Bird of Why
2)For strangers who will become friends, Across The Grapevine
3)To a blogger who definitely makes me think, The Belle Jar
4)To another student who I can completely relate to, The Tipsy Elephant
5)For a person who gave cycling substance, Red Lantern Bicyclist
6)For someone who introduced a whole new world, Middle Eastern Poetry
7)Because your Q&As are so funny, Hijabi Hybrid
8)Because fashion ties into history, Anarkali Love
9)Because you understand the importance of literature like no one else, English Major in Repair
10)Because everything you post is beautiful, Bint-Aljamaal
11)For always being so supportive, Beyoutiful Hope
12)Because your photos are just that good, M.H. Photography
13)Because your sense of style is absolutely precious, Someone Like You
14)Because I see you struggle and I understand, Glorify the Creator Not The Creation
15)And lastly because you make great points, Confessions of an American Muslim Teen
Congratulations to all those nominated! Be proud!
Oh but wait there is one more!
16)You have earned this award because of your determination to combat different social justices! Love you, Listen Girlfriends